Darrell Guttery, D.D.S
Dr. Guttery is an Oklahoma City native, born and raised just a few miles from where Spring Creek Dental is today. He earned his undergraduate and dental degrees from the University of Oklahoma before attending a 2-year hospital residency in Winston-Salem, NC, at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. During this time, he received his certification in IV sedation along with extensive training in surgical and hospital dentistry. While training, he experienced practicing general dentistry with University Dental Associates before taking a full-time position in Richmond, VA, to practice minimally-invasive dentistry focusing on IV and oral conscious sedation.
As an Assistant Professor of Dentistry for the University of Virginia’s hospital system, Dr. Guttery provided clinical instruction for the dental residency program, oversaw patient care and interacted with dental residents treating medically complex patients who were unable to be treated in a traditional private practice setting.
Dr. Guttery strongly believes in continuing education. He is an active member of the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry, both of which allow him to stay up-to-date on the best dentistry techniques. With extensive experience in a variety of health care settings, working with patients from every background, Dr. Guttery is well equipped to handle any dental condition. He provides open, honest and high quality care for children, adults and medically complex patients.
Outside of the office, Dr. Guttery enjoys spending time with his wife, Taylor, traveling, running, skiing and cheering on the Oklahoma Sooners.
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Oklahoma 2008
- Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Oklahoma 2012
- Certificate of Completion 2 Year General Practice Residency at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Intravenous Conscious Sedation Certification from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 2014
- Member of American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, Oklahoma Dental Association, Richmond Dental Society and the Academy of General Dentistry